A great way to get a little more insight in to goals is to journal every single day. This has been a strategy of mine for years. I just write down everything from task, to dos, dreams and every idea that I have but I am also thankful for everything that I have. For my family, my health, my friends and finding purpose in my work. I do believe that this moment, gives you reflection on what is available to you.
Here are some writing ideas get you ready for 2021 for you to set up your journal.
1. How would you sum up the past year in your life? What was good? What was bad?
2. What are 3 things you could do differently to make this year better? What is the action that you can take to move yourself forward?
3. What are your New Year’s resolutions for this year? Lose weight? Gain a promotion? Learn a new skill? Work on a relationship? What are the actions you could take to move yourself forward?
4. Do you have any career goals for this year? What do you need to do? Learn a new skill? Gain a new client? Get a mentor? What can you do to improve this year?
5. What ways can you be healthier this year? Lifestyle changes? Diet? Exercise? Meditation? What you do every day to become healthier?
6. Describe how you can give back more this year. Is there a charity or foundation you could join that you are passionate about?
7. This is my favorite….Write down 5 names of friends or family members you want to spend more time with this year and what you can do to make this happen.
Try these 7 items and you will find that once you get started, you will never let go. You will find that journaling is the most expressive way for you to focus, gain clarity and have some me time!