Did you ever have one of those days? You know the ones where your world is crashing and you are slowly plummeting into depression. We have all had those times in our lives when we get a little down. Our spirits are crushed and maybe we even a tad depressed. Our world as we know it and the people we trust the most seem to be at odds with us and that wonderful spirit and light you used to have shine inside of you doesn’t anymore. Even if it for a moment, a day or a week, there are actions you can take that will help you break out of your mood. When you feel down, there are a few things you can do to try to pick yourself up again. Here are a few tips:
1. Exercise. Going to the gym, taking a walk, going for a run is an excellent way to improve your mood. You don’t need to overdo it, just enough to get your body moving and your blood pumping.
2. Pamper yourself. Take some time to do something nice for yourself. Take a hot bath, get a massage, sit and read a book. Whatever makes you happy and something that is specific to you. The simple act of doing something nice for yourself will give you an instant pick me up!
3. Get out of the house and do something. Sometimes, a change of scenery can do a world of good. Just getting out will instantly changes your mood. If you stay home, you will sulk and over think the day.
4. Play upbeat music. When all else fails, turn up that radio, ipod or put on a CD and play some upbeat music. Something that reaches down into your core and motivates you and if you can, dance, dance, dance until you feel better.
5. Talk about it. Reach out to a friend or your spouse and talk it thru with them. Your trusted confidants will be there for you and will help you get clarity and inspire you to cheer up.